Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Point of Having a Point




I've been told by those who give a crap that there should be some kind of ongoing point to my blogging. A hook, if you will and I will but for now I'm still trying to figure out what it could be. Finding a point to my blog seems simpler than finding a point to the more complicated things in life like, life so I should really pony something up.


There are lots of interesting things about me and my beliefs that I could easily rant about daily. The misunderstood artist. The bleeding heart vegan. The hopelessly hopeless romantic. The endlessly boring list of all too exciting near misses that keep me teetering on obscurity; a safe and angsty place for my type. My failed relationship with religion is quite the story. The point is that if I had a point I probably wouldn't have that much to write about.

I ask myself daily the point of a lot of the things I'm passionate about that never seem to reap any type of tangible reward. But to be an artist for the 'rewards' of being an artist seems too obscure. The reward is the ability and the courage to share my creative self.

The only reason I'm blogging at this ungodly hour is because my beloved cat Mr. Whisky Business is very sick and it is impossible to sleep, eat, or do anything until my vet opens in the morning. I've taken him to the Veterinary Emergency Clinic VEC at 920 Yonge where he was given a treatment to keep him comfortable overnight. A $300 procedure that will most likely lead to a treatment in the thousands when my gentle and kind hearted vet Dr. Geoff Toole sees him in the morning. Having a sick animal makes me feel very dissatisfied with myself for not having the proper means to take care of him. I will do anything but I'm very worried about how and where I will come up with the money to do so. If it is too much I will have no choice but to say goodbye and I will never forgive myself for being too selfish to conform to reality and take a regular job like most people and for not being successful enough at my art to be responsible for these tiny fur beings that so deserve the very best.

So right now all I can do hold him and wait until morning when my vet will tell me what my

options are.

Update: Mr. Whisky Business has been alive and well and healthier than ever since this post due to a special diet and his new zest for life since I began letting him outside. Long live the kitty!!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer Silva StoryJanuary 6, 2010 at 10:10 PM

    How is Mr. Whisky Business doing now? :)

    ReplyDelete