Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Delicious Baby Legs


"Omg look at those chubby little legs!! Om nom nom nom nom!!"


My partner always asks me. Why do women say they want to eat babies? Whenever someone posts a pic of their 'loinfruit' as my guy so aptly puts it, inevitably some lady will comment that the child should be eaten. There are lots of theories. The one that makes the most sense is that because babies come from inside us women, the urge to eat baby is simply the longing to have one in the belly or womb.

I have personally nibbled on my baby's legs. It's really too irresistible. I'm a total baby whore. I love babies. All of them. Ugly ones, cute ones, small or juicy all I see is a a bundle of soft skin and and innocence and they make my heart melt. I'm kinda glad I didn't start baby making in my 20's because I would be surrounded by children. Sweet, independent, ferocious, loveable babies of all ages.

Which brings me to my the reason I wanted to blog this evening. After reading countless blogs and parent guides I realize my style of parenting falls under the heading of 'attachment parenting'. I run to Leon when he cries. I carry him everywhere instead of using that hideous stroller and I'll probably nurse him until it's uncomfortable for most people. He sleeps beside me. I make his food...etc. Every person has their own style of parenting and I totally respect that but this is what works for us. People always laugh at him when we are out because for a little 5 month old baby he is super confident, relaxed and comfortable in his skin. He is a little baby dude. It's probably soon to predict his personality but for now he is AWESOME and I love spending time with him.

Boy, am I glad we didn't set up a nursery for him like a lot of mom's feel the overwhelming urge to do because we only have 2 bedrooms and bedroom 2 is dads only chance in hell for a good nights sleep. As for me, I got more important things to do then sleep. Like cuddle and nurse and dose in and out of dreams into the reality of having perfect little bundle sleeping like a lamb, right within arms reach.

I am the quintessential 'mom'. Pre-baby, I was all blond hair and yoga body and now I'm not sure what colour my hair is and I haven't lost an ounce of baby weight. I'm soft and it's not sexy and I really don't care. Okay fuck, I do care. Anyone who says they don't care about something, cares. Big time. Whenever I tell my partner (let's call him...Brian) that I don't care about something he gives me the look of 'oh you silly thing. you're obsessing aren't you'...Anyways, the weight doesn't just FALL OFF all women who breastfeed, fyi. Some of the lucky ones don't lose until we wean. Luckily my baby's health is more important to me than vanity...just. It's hard to look in the mirror and see a heavy girl looking back at you when you're used to being body proud. Luckily, when I look at my son it's easy to forget the trivial, superficial desire to be perfect. I just focus on being in the moment and try to do everything in my power to make this baby laugh and when he laughs it doesn't matter how much I weigh.

So for now, instead of baby legs I'll probably be having seconds for dinner. Cause breast feeding makes this girl ravenous! I'll get serious about losing the weight next week. There's always next week for as long as I'm alive, right? Oh and the weight I have to lose? try a bastard 45 pounds. I have gained the size of a 6 year old child. The fuck? I started trying to lose it and did well with an initial 10 pounds but gained it all back over the holidays and got very discouraged at just how much I had gained with this pregnancy and stopped torturing myself to lose weight. Next week, I'll go to the gym regularly, cut out sweets and plan my meals. But right now I have a sweet baby and a sweet tooth and they both need lots of love...

Next week is gonna be good. Is this going to turn into a weight loss blog? Prob not.

Cheerio



1 comment:

  1. Loved it, every Mom/everyone I know can relate to this. We just aren't that honest to admit it sometimes. There is nothing more empowering than to be comfortable with who we are and what we look like. They'll always be someone or something picking away at us very often ourselves!!! "Babies Rock" and come first they are our future generation, we've gotta grow them right.

    ReplyDelete