Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When Do You Qualify as Annoying?

If you are anything like me, you need to know everything that goes into your baby's mouth.  I won't give him anything that hasn't been derived from a whole food.  it has to be made by me and tasted approved by me.  Eventually, i will have to give up this micromanaging so that my son can have an actual life, but for now I gotta know what's in shit.  I don't want harsh dyes to touch his skin and I want him to wear breathable fabrics that have been bought in the atmosphere of fair trade.


Sounds expensive, right?  I find that it costs way less to shop ethically for several reasons.  #1 is the quality.  Clothes made with love by happy well treated people are usually really well made, well thought out and easy to replace if you happen to have a problem.  I seriously would like to see what workers are treated like in the factories that Joe makes its clothing.  The clothes are SO cheap.  Somewhere someone is suffering for those cheap prices.


Am I a hypocrite?  Fuck, yes.  But I think it's good if everyone just does their part.  So maybe I'm a vegan who ate some eggs, cheese and fish while pregnant and wore leather shoes but I will continue to try to do my part by asking questions and showing how i feel about the answers by spending my money accordingly.


For the record I have just finished day one of being vegan since about a year ago when I pregzilla ate a whole cheese pizza.  Cheese is good.  Finger bang good and I don't care who reads that.  It's how I feel.  So if for any reason I came off a bit 'Gweneth Paltrow' in this last post, I'm posting the best song ever.  Gweneth would never say finger bang.  But you know, deep down inside...she wants to.


No comments:

Post a Comment